Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Fancy a cuppa?


I thought you might like to come on in and have a cuppa whilst looking around my newly spruced up home.... I know I like having a nosey in other peoples homes...

Getting a new boiler has spurred us on to having a good ole clear out and general sprucing up of our home. I'm very sneaky when I photograph my home for the blog and I am very adept at using the zoom button on the camera to zoom in on the tidy areas... out of frame there are piles of magazines, unfinished projects and piles of miscellaneous clutter!

So with Winter looming we have been introducing some colour into our home and hopefully a warm, cosy feeling... the mantle is up, the porch has been painted with the left-over paint from the chimney breast and I have made some new curtains from vintage bed sheets (costing a rather wonderful £3 in total). I did repeatedly ask my husband what he thought about having "vintage bed sheet curtains" and he said he liked the colour and was more than happy to have them in the dining area. Oh, he's a good sport isn't he?



There is a sticking point in the lounge and that is the hot pink filing cabinet which I need for my work papers... my husband would like for it not to be there, but there just isn't any room anywhere else. So I've prettified it as much as I can and hope this will passify him.









oh I do love having a mantle for all my little treasures... I put some doilies around tumbler glasses rather than jam jars, as they fit better and show off the doily designs.
Did I ever show you the rather ugly sea creature bowl? I just had to have it because the dish is lilac and aqua, but I must admit I'm not overly enthralled with the teeth baring sea creatures...


Is it just me or is the mantle in need of some crochet?

The porch with a new lick of paint...

There's a saying isn't there, about the hearth being the heart of the home and I feel it is so true now we have our fire and mantle up... my husband thinks it is such a money saver as I don't want to go out in the evenings and I'm happy to stay in by the fire! I'm such a "home-bird".

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little mooch around and please feel free to come round for a cuppa again soon ... there's crochet to show you on your next visit x

12 comments:

Hazel said...

Well, I can't see an ounce of mess so you're either telling us fibs or you're really good at taking snaps. My house has lots of tippy places lol. I am a home bird too and our mantel is very similar. At Christmas I hang some crochet snowflakes along it. Just got to watch they don't drop down like mine did and nearly set on fire! Loved looking round your cosy home! x

ariadne said...

It is great seeing your home again and again,so cosy; and I love the blue on the wall!AriadnefromGreece!

The Craft Giraffe said...

Your house is beautiful. I love the mantle. It all looks very cosy and inviting :)

Colleen said...

Love the wall color!! Your crocheted works of art are beautiful with the color :)

Autumn said...

I love your use of color.. it's very inspiring... I might have to spruce up my space when I get back from vacation!

bozenas said...

Piękne mieszkanie:)Kolory mebli,ścian bardzo odważne,a zrobiony na szydełku pled jest piękny:)pozdrawiam

sucrette said...

Hello!
I love your mantel :) soo cozy and warm :) what it is about fireplaces that keeps us wanting to stay indoors and watch the fire ??
The blue color is wonderful!
I'll come back for sure for another cuppa ;)
Angie

MaryMargaret said...

I absolutely adore how comfy your home looks! The colors are inviting and warm, and just make you want to put your feet up and sit a while. Just lovely.

Anonymous said...

You have a very beautiul and stylish home! No wonder you want to stay in and enjoy it! :) Mandy

cupcakejojo said...

Love the little nosey round your living room! It looks so cosy & I'm loving the glimpse of your fab curtain!!!

JO x

Simplesmente Silvinha said...

Wishes for a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving day
Send love and hugs and wish for your family on this special occasion.
http://tearpiaocupacional.blogspot.com/

Little Blue Mouse said...

I love looking round other folk's homes. Your's is so nice; and I enjoyed the cuppa.