Sunday, 2 December 2012

New crafty book


The title of this post is not entirely true, the book I would like to show you today has been in my possession for six weeks or so. In the summer I asked someone if they would bring me a book back from Sweden and they happily obliged. The book in question is Garnnystan Och Tygtravar by Sania Hedengren and Susanna Zacke.


I had forgotten about it until today, when I remembered there were some Christmassy images and I thought they might inspire this years Christmas decorating. Sanna and Sania blog has an array of inspirational photographs with plenty of crochet.

 
I have to say that I don't know how you would get your hands on a copy of this book if you live outside Sweden, but if you look at Sanna and Sania blog, you will no doubt find a way... 
 
 
I know a few bloggers have been busy making pom poms of late, and I thought the above cushion was a novel way of using pom poms...

 
The above organiser is a good way of using up scraps of retro fabric and adding colour to a plain wall... it would not stay looking neat in our house for long I'm afraid!
 


I can't believe I haven't added crochet to the edge of a cardigan by now! This is a great idea for adding new life to a tired item of clothing.

 
 
A clever way of displaying thrifted embroidery...
 
... and finally a picture of the authors of the book; I really love the granny square scarf with the tassels and would like to make one when my other projects are finished. It looks fresh and modern against the white shirt.
 


I hope you have enjoyed this selection of images; I will leave you with a couple of photographs taken this weekend. We have been very lucky to have had a few days of frosty sunny weather...

A frozen white feather... I love finding white feathers

Taken by my husband as we were heading home from a winter walk...
 

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful shots and I love that granny scarf too, The white feather looks a little surprised by the frost and your husband took a lovely sunset sky!

faith76 said...

Great winter photo's! I Love it when the sky's are crisp blue on a cold and frosty day rather than dull and dreary miserabld grey. It makes winter tolerable. Thanks for your review of the book - it's added to my ever growing list of books to read:-) Leah x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Interesting book, would like to have a good look through, lovely sunset! :)

creatingincanyon said...

That book looks like soo much fun. I want one now!

Ellen van Vuuren said...

Wow i love all the pictures !
xx Ellen

Scarlet-Sometimes said...

ooooh, that looks like a book most gorgeous :-)

vintage grey said...

This book is so pretty and inspiring! Love the embroidery on the wall! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

Little Blue Mouse said...

Lots of lovely things in that book!

I love the photo of the white feather.

Jenn Poort said...

I like your blog and thank you for complimenting mine! X Jenn (Color'nCream)

Annette - "MyRoseValley" said...

What the... I have the book Vackert med vintage (Beautiful with vintage)by Sanna and Sania here at home and I love it. They are one of the most popular home decor stylists in Sweden and very very often found as the team behind many beautiful articles in all the Swedish interior magazines. Me, being Swedish, I have no idea where to buy these books internationally but I am sure you can order them directly from their blog. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to flick through my book tonight (once again) before going to bed. :D

Annette - "MyRoseValley" said...

Forgot to add, the scarf... It is lovely. And it looks just like the scarf I made for myself this fall, but mine has a grey outline. It spices up any outfit and was so fast to make. You should really give it a go. And the tassels are so easy to add and gives it the "ping". :D