Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Doors are everywhere.

I do love the start of a new year... it fills me with hope and excitement for the coming year. This year I have bought myself a calendar which I would like to show you... I first heard about Mary Engelbreit over at The Dutch Sisters, sometime in December. I never usually buy a calendar and make do with the free ones from Mollie Makes and Homes and Antiques, but I loved the style of the Mary Engelbreit calendar and in particular the picture and message for January...

 
January 2013 - "Doors are everywhere. Open them".
 
This is exactly how I feel at the start of this year... I feel like knocking on doors and seeing what new opportunities lie behind them. I also love the C.S. Lewis quote on the picture below, "You are never too old to set another goal or dream another dream".
 
 
 
... and finally the above picture and message is beautiful. I think this already happens in our blogging community and I am very happy and thankful to be a part of it...
 


Today the sun came out for the first time in about a week... I went for a New Year run with my husband. Thank you for your kind comments on the wall unit; I read every comment out to my hubby and he loves hearing the praise for his hard work! The calendar is available on Amazon if you fancy a copy for yourself. Wishing you many bright times in 2013 x
 


6 comments:

Delirious said...

I love Mary Englebreit's art! I also love her pottery, and want to collect as much as possible. I love the photo of the shadows. Very cute! I might have to steal the idea. :)

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Lovely calendar, I'm the same always make do with the freebies, although I do love the Mollie Makes one!
I've found my hooky fingers today! Somehow the way I hold the hook and yarn felt right, I made Mr Bea take a picture, just in case I forgot!!! :) x

Irene said...

A fabulous calender with brilliant pictures.
Thanks for sharing with us and the link to Amazon.
luv
irene
xxxx

Vinty Dam said...

These three images are the perfect summation of what 2013 should be. Hope and Joy and Love and Dreams. Happy New Year dear.
xoxo, Jess

Chrissie's Crafty Corner said...

Thank you for sharing these with us. I love the calendar and so want one but we got FOUR calendars between us this year!! I do enjoy reading your blog and all the wonderful things you make. Cx

Heldasland said...

stunning have you seen her pottery ? its fabulous thans for sharing just what has dropped into my basket.