Sunday, 30 June 2013

The test will be crochet...

I'm not a fan of technology... I struggle to get to grips with facebook, I don't tweet and I don't have an i-phone. My phone does a myriad of things, but I only use the phone and text. I'm not awfully sure what Instagram is and I have no desire to find out either; all in all I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology.


The other day my husband came home with a present for me.... a camera... one of those fancy big things you hang round your neck. He thought it would be good for my blogging and photographing the wildlife in our garden. It's a super present, but it has meant I have had to put my hook down and study the camera manual.


 
I haven't dared look up how much it cost, I don't want to know how much is dangling from my neck! We've both had some fun playing with it and when my hubbie asked if I thought it was the bees knees, I said "the test will be how it photographs crochet". Of course it is fabulous and I'm looking forward to learning how to use it properly as time goes by.
 
Receiving the camera - named Mabel - coincided with the completion of  a crochet project.
 

 When I went to put my newly made blanket "Life's delights" on the sofa, I suddenly realised I did not like the saffron yellow edging and cut it off. In the past week a blue and purple edging has been added and whilst working on it I came to really love this blanket.

Mabel passed her test with flying colours and has photographed the life's delight blanket beautifully.




There are all kinds of tools to create different effects... I think this is called "ripple"...
 
There is a tool to make photos look like oil paintings....


Blanket details can be found HERE
 
 
This blackbird is so raggedy... she is worn out and has two or three fledged babies to feed. She comes up to the patio window and looks in at us if there are no sultannas on the patio for her brood, then waits till we put some more out.

I've tried to make "Henry hedgehogs" corner look a bit nicer with a pot of dahlias, geraniums and lavender... he has had a veranda built, mainly to stop the cats getting his food. It has worked a treat. No baby hedgehogs have been spotted so far...
Thank you for your comments on the Norway photos, I'm really pleased you enjoyed seeing them x
 
 
 



22 comments:

Irene said...

What a brilliant birthday present, and such a gorgeous, stunning blanket. Many congratulations on your new arrivals.
luv
irene
xxxx

Hannapat said...

Wow, a great present and Happy birthday!! I think there is so much you can do with a great camera, I just wish I would actually bother to read the instructions. Love the special effects that you created. I really love this beautiful crochet blanket, it is such a work of art. Enjoy your little pressie xoxo

Plain Jane said...

I think your blanket is very worthy of being photographed with a brand new camera -it's lovely! Poor Mrs Blackbird - I remember feeling the same way when the girls were young (probably looked a bit similar too!)Well done! x Jane

krazy knit kerena said...

love the blanket,and the outdoors look great,luck hedgehog and bird,and what a thoughtful present,lots of things to experiment with on it and playing with it,look forward to seeing more of your posts i have transferred to the new blog system hopefully i can use that easily i'm not great with technical things!!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Both brilliant, camera and blanket....I'm with you though I wouldn't have a clue! Happy manual reading!!! :) x

sweetpea family said...

Your blanket is adorable x

Mereknits said...

Have fun with your new toy, it takes great photos.
Hugs,
Meredith

Joy said...

What a beautiful blanket and I wish you the very best with the your lovely new camera - and instructions - you'll soon get used to it!
I hope you soon get to glimpse the baby hedgehogs!
Joy x

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

The notecard of Norway is very pretty as is the"Moose"??? Your blanket is absolutely gorgeous..and the colors are glorious. Hugs Judy

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi There,You Lucky Girl You!!!What a lovely B/Day present!!!And a gorgeous blanket!!!Love your colors!!!Have fun getting to know your new camera!!!
Love
AMarie

Mejuffrouw B said...

Wow, you're blanket looks really great! What a pleasure it will be to crawl underneath it when the weather will be getting colder again... :-)

The Faerie Factory said...

What a fabby present and it photographs your crochet so well, then again with such a beautiful subject it would be hard not to... Happy playing with your new toy ~ Sarah x

gail said...

Your blanket is beautiful. Love the new colours in the border.
Blessings Gail

Thea Burras said...

The blanket looks fantastic!

Susan Carlson said...

You never cease to AMAZE me! So terrifically splendiferous!! Oh, the texture and color are simply PERFECT!
Susan @ Felted Button

seeds seams and upcycling said...

I love this blanket. I do not crochet but am determined to learn later on in the year. I am also waiting delivery of a new camera, only a point and shoot though I am working up to something a little more complicated.

DarlingBug said...

Beautiful colours and lovely quality to your photos - I'm working on improving the quality of my shots and I was already impressed with yours before the new camera!

MeMeRose said...

Thank you everyone for your comments... the camera isn't a birthday present; my birthday is in May. It does however coincide with the Tour de France starting and maybe my husband hopes it will keep me quiet for the next three weeks so he can remain glued to the tv!

DarlingBug... looking forward to seeing how your new chapter of life progresses, very exciting journey you have ahead of you x

Kristen said...

Beautiful blanket! Very Meme Rose colors, it will look wonderful among all your makes and finds. Congrats on the new camera, too, and good luck learning all its bells and whistles. :)

sajuki said...

great !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

The Chargualaf Family said...

That blanket is absolutely STUNNING!! Wow!! You are an amazing artist... Congrats on it's completion!

Zoe said...

Oh my goodness, what an incredible blanket!!!! The colours you've used are so gorgeous and vibrant. Zoe x